Monday, October 26, 2009

Oct 19-23 2009

So this week I did some good drawings as far as painting goes I'm not so happy with my painting class right now. Don't get me wrong I am learning, but I'm just not excited to paint in this class, I'm a little bit over a half through the semester and next semester I will def. choose a class that focuses on the figure, (I didn't realize this one didn't, but I am learning a lot that I can apply to my backgrounds in this class). My drawing classes basically consist of a ton of drawing from the in class model, this is all good practice which I enjoy.

I will be starting a new large painting (I have NOOOO clue where to store once done, but I can't stand working so small lately! Theres just no space in NYC for storing stuff!), anyways the large scale painting is for my design and composition, (my favorite class, it consists of art history and work time, the perfect combo!) The theme is baroque, which is a post renaissance movement which started to consist of subject matter coming out of the picture field, more active with the viewer, you are no longer the observer but part of the painting! Vermeer is a good artist example of this. I will include some in progress pics of that painting next week! :)

Enjoy!

this is one from my first week, just wanted to put it in :)


 
 
 
(Charlotte and my painting above) Our painting teacher is making us to a interior series with emphasis on temperature, again, not my favorite, but I am learning and it is the journey that counts

stay posted for next week! feel free to email me! alainamarie25@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

---contact- alainaplowdrey@gmail.com--- MFA-New York Academy of Art--- BFA-College for Creative Studies--- AFA-Delta College